MASALA CHAI PANCAKES
(makes 8 pancakes)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy ok)
- ½ - ¾ cup hot water
- 1 tbsp Masala Madness chai blend
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix the Masala Madness blend with hot water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, chai blend mixed with hot water, and melted butter, mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly buttered frying pan or griddle over medium heat, but do not let it smoke. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook until small bubbles are visible near the center of the pancake, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm. Dress up your pancakes with fresh fruit or drizzled with your favorite syrup and whipped cream.