VANILLA CHAI KULFI
- 1 tbsp Vivid vanilla chai blend
- 3.5 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ginger root powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot starch or corn starch whisked with a few tablespoons of cold milk
- ½ cup chopped pistachios, lightly toasted.
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
- Take ½ cup hot water and stir in 1 tablespoons of Vivid Vanilla blend.
- Whisk together the blend with Heavy Cream, Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract, Ginger Root Powder, and a pinch of Salt until thoroughly blended. Pour it in a heavy bottomed pot and warm it, but don’t bring it to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 ½ teaspoon of arrowroot starch or cornstarch with a few tablespoons of cold milk until thoroughly blended. Pour this into the warm cream mixture and bring it to a gentle boil, while stirring frequently.
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Then, place the bowl in the refrigerator until the mixture is completely chilled.
- Whisk the chilled mixture one last time and add ½ cup pf chopped pistachios.
- Pour it into your popsicle or kulfi molds. Freeze for several hours before serving.